March 9, 2009

Beer drinkers sentenced to caning

A Sharia High Court in Malaysia has sentenced a man and a woman to caning for drinking beer. Mohamad Nasir Mohamad, a 38-year-old father of four, and 22-year-old waitress Noorazah Baharuddin (in picture), were each discovered last year consuming beer in Pahang bars. 's Sharia High Court fined Mohamad and Baharuddin each $1,400 and ordered that they be publicly whipped for their crimes.

Offenders are whipped with a long strip of rattan that cuts into the skin and leaves permanent scars to remind them of their punishment. According to the New Straits Times, the cane will be 1.22m long and 1.25cm thick. Mohamad and Baharuddin will be allowed to face their punishment wearing clothing.

(
PHOTO: NEW STRAITS TIMES PRESS)


1 comment:

  1. This doеsn't really have to do with the topic at hand, but I wanna ask if you know where I could obtain a good captcha plugin that I can implement on my blog?? I'm utilising
    thе sаmе blog ρlatfοrm as yоu and I'm having difficulty finding one?

    Have a look at my homepage :: chezclara

    ReplyDelete